Jan 8, 2021
Reading time approx:
9 min read
Anduril collects personal data in the course of its business activities, including in connection with some client services. We also collect personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for or apply for jobs through the Anduril Recruitment Portal, create a user profile, register for Anduril newsletters and alerts, participate in our alumni activities through our Alumni Center Website, sign up for conferences and events, and/or participate in public user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys). The personal data collected varies and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and background information required to apply for a job. We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected may be associated with a unique identifier as well as with any other personal data you have provided. Anduril may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as data brokers or aggregators, in the course of its business activities including in connection with some client services. This includes demographic, professional and other information that is publicly available online, including information you choose to make public through social media platforms and other public online forums. We may combine this data with existing information we have about you or use it independently, for the purposes of our benchmarking and data analytics activities (e.g., analysis of recruiting practices across an industry, detecting fraud patterns in connection with financial transactions, foot traffic in retail environments). We will always seek to confirm that the third party has provided transparent information about its use of this data, including its disclosure to third parties like Anduril, in compliance with applicable law.
Our Sites do not track you by collecting personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Accordingly, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers.
In connection with our mobile applications, Anduril may use third party service providers to analyze user activity to fix errors, monitor usage, and improve the performance of the mobile applications. For example, Anduril receives reports on some of our mobile applications’ aggregate usage and browsing patterns, including information about the type of device used, posts accessed, and other events occurring within our apps. Anduril also receives reports on certain errors occurring within mobile applications. In addition, our Anduril Insights app offers a personalized list of recommendations (called “Insights for you”) directing you to Anduril content that we think you will find interesting. Recommendations are based solely on what you have viewed in the Insights app. A unique user identifier that is generated by the app helps personalize your app experience and tracks the posts that you read in the app. We do not share your viewing history or trends through the Insights app with other users or any external third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates or third party service providers of Anduril).
Our processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based:
- in part, on our legitimate interests in promoting and protecting Anduril, building and maintaining relationships. recruitment, and providing our services;
- in part, on your consent, for example if you create a user profile, or register for our newsletters or alerts, or for business purposes that support web operations such as understanding and enhancing the quality of your experience on our web-sites;
- in part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against Anduril and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
You should be aware that whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. Anduril is not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users publicly disclose in any such forums on the Sites.
Anduril has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Anduril personnel and third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, Anduril cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
The Sites are not designed for or directed at children 16 years of age or younger, and Anduril does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
Where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data.
- The categories of personal data about you that we have collected in the preceding 12 months and the categories of sources of that information,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected that information in the preceding 12 months,
- The commercial or business reason(s) we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold that information, and
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed or sold that information in the preceding 12 months.
- In addition, upon receipt of a verifiable request from you establishing your identity, you may have the right to know about the specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you and/or shared with third parties in the preceding 12 months.
- You may also have the right to request deletion of personal data about you that we have collected or maintain, which we will honor subject to certain limitations set forth in California law.
If you are a California consumer and you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com. When we process your request, we require you to provide certain personal data about you in order to verify your identity in accordance with requirements under CCPA. This may include your first and last name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and information about your relationship with us or other information needed to verify your identity. Anduril will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of these rights.
1273 E Putnam Avenue
Riverside, CT 06878